It takes a lot of effort to keep the tracking service going. Supporter tier from just $5USD per month. Click the button for more information and benefits.
Or click Donate button for a one off payment via PayPal.
If using a phone, page best viewed in landscape
School of the Hidden Vins - How to track your Tesla
This post describes how the process works for all Tesla models.
1. Make your Tesla order.
2. Install the Chrome extension Hidden vin finder.
A vin number is hidden in the source code. This means your order has been attached to a car.
3. Check the Manage page in your Tesla account for a hidden vin.
This section below applies to only Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Macau, Netherlands (Models S/X out of Houston).
Other International resources go here International
4. Track your car by checking with Vedaprime’s Twitter free service.
5. Track your car via detailed paid $10 USD personalised service.
I can tell you exactly what ship it is on, estimated delivery date and where it is tracking for much of the journey from Fremont.
Vedaprime personalised tracking covers:
1. Estimated build date
2. Container buddies
3. Port Entry date and time
5. Ship Load date and time
6. Departure date/time
7. Ship Route
8. Ship Arrival date/Time
9. Ship Unload/Discharge date/time
10. Customs/Port Exit date/time
11. Container Unload date/time
12. Battery state of charge on arrival
13. Preparations process and Estimated delivery date*information can vary ship to ship
APPLIES TO ALL TESLA MODELS TO AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND. (HONG KONG, MACAU
MODEL S/X TO MAINLAND EUROPE (DEP FROM HOUSTON) TBD)
6. Check your ship status here.
7. After the car arrives in the country, receive a call from Tesla delivery specialist or email or both.
Return registration papers, or deliver custom plates to Tesla.
8. Receive your invoice and pay.
9. Receive your delivery call.
10. Receive SMS to confirm your delivery.
11. Collect/Receive your car.
This list is not necessarily in order. Some people never receive a hidden vin, some people never get a specialist call, some receive a delivery call, invoice, papers all in one go.
Once your car arrives in the country, it takes on on average 2.5 weeks-3.5 weeks (east coast), Adelaide 3.5 weeks, for the cars to be delivered - provided the car has no significant issues. Some people have received cars 9 days after arrival, some 6 weeks or more after arrival. Perth cars are shipped weekly after processing in Sydney. Add 12 days. If you are in Canberra, it is strongly advised to pick up Sydney as this is much faster. The same goes for any regional location - pick it up at a major city if you can to receive your car the fastest. Tasmanian cars arrive in Devonport - no word on timings
Cars are received into Auckland. Cars can take roughly a week from ship arrival and be spread out over the next couple of weeks.
There are delays getting the cars to the South Island. It is recommend you pick up from Auckland if you can.
The next cars will be built the beginning of the quarter.
The goal will be to deliver all cars before the end of the quarter.